Promenade Park is for everyone. We’ve designed the park for maximum accessibility. Please see the list of features below:
- Gradual sloping walking paths that meet or exceed ADA standards.
- Intentional pathways for easy navigation.
- Patterns in the pavilion floor that accommodate challenges associated with Parkinson’s Disease.
- Multiple family restrooms.
- Full-length mirrors in restrooms.
- Priority parking along Wells Street.
- Children’s play areas designed with accessibility in mind.
- Floating docks for ease in and out of kayaks and canoes.
- Pathway designs with 5-foot turn radius to accommodate wheelchairs.
- Wheelchair seating availability at exterior tables.
- Water fountains with ground-level bowl for service animals.
- Zero-entry splash pad area.
- Density and abundance of shade for comfort.
- Landscaping that features plants that make sound as the wind blows.
- Landscaping that features plants with significant texture.
- Quick-draining soil that allows for easier access after rain.
- and much more!
This list of features continues to grow as we make updates to the park.
6:00AM – 11:00PM